I needed a bread that was gluten free, grain free, dairy free, white sugar free, starch free, xanthan gum free, guar gum free, and yeast free. I specifically wanted it to be a delicious cinnamon raisin bread. After searching health food stores for days, I realized such a bread does not exist in any market shelves. So…I had to make one. I hope you like it. I luv it.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
SERVINGS: 12 slices
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKE TIME: 45 minutes
SHOP: Find ingredients in the PureFreshDaily Amazon Store!
• 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in water for 30 minutes, drained and chopped
• 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds soaked in 3 tablespoons water
• 2 cups almond flour
• 2 tablespoons coconut flour
• 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
• 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 6 whole eggs
• 1/3 cup maple syrup grade b
• 1/4 cup coconut oil or melted unsalted butter
• 2 teaspoons gluten free pure vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare bread loaf pan by lining with parchment, or lightly rub with oil.
Soak raisins in a 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes. Combine ground chia seeds with water. Stir to avoid clumping. Set aside. Sift flours, cream of tartar, sea salt, and ground into a large bowl.
Beat eggs for 2 minutes with hand mixer. Add maple syrup, coconut oil, ground chia gel, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir. Add flour combination. Blend to combine thoroughly. Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool. Slice. Toast for breakfast, or make French Toast!