August 16th, 2017
This week I've had the pleasure of creating a few new dishes for @scarlatafarms using their Gold Medal-winning, 100% Extra Virgin olive oil (filtered and unfiltered). Their farm in Tracy, located in the San Joaquin Valley of Northern California, benefits from rich soil and a Mediterranean climate, all helping to produce delicious olives, tomatoes and more! Today I created an incredibly delicious dressing with their Reserve unfiltered olive oil. If you value quality, homegrown, locally made food products, be sure to check out their Instagram profile and find out how to order yourself a bottle!
Makes enough for 2 people
Ingredients for Creamy Lemon Honey Turmeric Dressing
- 3/4 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup Scarlata olive oil (filtered or unfiltered will work)
- fresh squeezed juice from 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons of pure raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for the Lentil Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 to 3 cups of cooked lentils (I used French Green Lentils)
- 2 cups of your choice greens (can be spinach, kale, purslane, etc)
- 4 boiled beets, peeled and diced (Trader Joe's and Costco sell them boiled and peeled)
- 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cucumber, shredded, diced or julienne
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 8 torn mint leaves for garnish
- Combine dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Whisk with a fork until thoroughly blended and creamy. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use on salad.
- Arrange salad ingredients in a large bowl or on individual salad plates. Garnish with torn mint leaves. Drizzle with chilled Lemon Honey Turmeric Dressing.
- Store leftover dressing in a glass jar for up to 3 days.