Banana Bread French Toast with Fresh Berry Preserves
Banana Bread French Toast. Why not? It's protein loaded and so EZ to make, plus it's super satisfying!
Makes 1 loaf (10-12 slices)
Ingredients for Fresh Berry Preserves
- 2 cups of your choice berries, fresh or frozen (I used 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup raspberries)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons of your choice sugar (I used raw unrefined coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoons tapioca flour/starch
How to make the Preserves
- Put berries, water and sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat. Using a large spoon, crush a few of the blueberries and stir to blend. Once berry mix is warm, turn off the heat. Sprinkle the tapioca flour over the top. Use spoon and stir quickly to avoid clumping. Stir well to incorporate. Set aside until ready to use.
Ingredients for Banana Bread French Toast
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup of your choice milk (I used whole fat canned coconut milk)
- 2 cups of your choice gluten-free flour (I used 1.5 cups almond flour + 1/2 cup buckwheat flour)
- 1/2 cup your choice sugar (I used raw unrefined coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup your choice fat/oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
You can bake it and eat as Banana bread. If you want to make it into French Toast, you will need 1 egg for every 4-6 slices of french toast.
How to Make Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare bread loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease
- Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend for 30-40 seconds.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until you can see your toothpick come out clean when inserted into center of bread.
- If making french toast, slice banana bread into your desired thickness. Warm up a large skillet and melt your choice fat (I used 2 teaspoons of coconut oil). Crack 1 egg and wisk. Coat both sides of bread slices and quickly skillet fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side. Repeat steps until you have as many pieces as desired.
Hello Reader! All Photos and content provided in this recipe above are copyright protected. Please do not use any Pure Fresh Daily photos, taken by Lori Miler, without prior written permission. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a backlink, citing full credit, to the original recipe listed on my website. Thank you!
© 2017 Lori Miller
All Rights Reserved