Blueberry and Sweet Potato Pancakes
I know I'm not alone when I say I crave warm, buttery, pancakes on weekend mornings, and I make sure we have them. Blueberry sweet potato has long been a favorite of ours because they're so flavor and nutrient-loaded.
I always try to keep my recipes hassle-free and quick and this recipe falls into the EZ category. You can prep the batter the night before (leave out the berries or you'll have purple batter, but your kids might like this!) and make everyone drool while they watch you flip!
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of sweet potato purée (organic canned works well also)
- 3/4 cup of almond or sunflower seed flour
- 1/4 cup of cassava flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of blueberries
For cooking you will need
- 2 extra tablespoons of coconut oil + ghee for griddle
Makes 6 small pancakes
How to Make
1). Melt coconut oil and or ghee in a large griddle or skillet.
2). Set heat to medium low.
3). Combine ingredients, except blueberries, in a large bowl.
4). Whisk ingredients. Fold blueberries into batter.
5). Ladle 1/2 cup batter into hot griddle. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat steps until batter is finished.