Broccoli with Leek & Garlic
July 30th, 2017
One of the best side dishes ever! Broccoli with leeks & garlic contributes to making a perfect meal with beef or poultry, pork or as a complete veggie meal with your choice vegan protein. It takes just a few simple stepts so you can make it in no time at all!
Makes enough for 2-4 servings
- 1 pound broccoli, washed trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of either avocado oil, coconut oil or ghee
- 1 leek, washed and finely diced (don't be afraid to use the green part)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1 cup of water to a rapid boil. Add broccoli and cover skillet. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain water. Transfer broccoli to a clean plate.
- Over low to medium heat, warm oil in the same skillet. Saute leek and garlic for 10 minutes over low heat. Stir to avoid burning. Add broccoli to skillet. Toss to coat with leek and garlic. Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 3 days.