Ingredients for Apple filling
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of ground chia seed (1 teaspoon of tapioca starch can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon of grass fed gelatin (omit if using tapioca starch)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Makes 1-10 inch galette yielding 4 servings
1). For the crust: In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients, except the egg white. Using your hand, mix ingredients and form a ball. Knead for 1 minute. If crust is dry, add a tablespoon or two more, of melted ghee or oil, and lightly knead again. Wrap in parchment or saran wrap and chill while preparing the berry mix.
2). For the caramel apple filling: Melt ghee or coconut oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add apples and remaining ingredients. Stir over low heat for 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
3). Preheat oven to 350 °F.
4). Place dough ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to form a 10-inch crust.
5). Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Pick up the bottom piece of parchment with the dough rolled out on it and set it on a half sheet pan or large baking dish.
6). Spoon in the apple filling. Fold the sides of the galette crust over (as seen in the photo).
7). Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool a bit before eating.
© 2017 Lori Miller
All Rights Reserved