Stiletto High Carrot Cake Muffins
After seeing food photographer Marie WilIiams (of @ediblephotography on Instagram) post some delicious photos of her Culinary trip to San Francisco, I wanted to bake big muffins! She stopped by Mr. Holmes bakery and snapped a shot of some amazing cruffins (croissant dough turned into muffins) and I was in crave mode. I didn't have too much in terms of muffin ingredients in my refrigerator, but I had carrots, and these are the results! I used a Wilton 6-cup Kingsize Muffin pan to make 4 muffins, and believe me, 4 is enough!
Makes 4 king-size muffins or 12 regular size muffins
Ingredients for Muffins
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup of coconut milk yogurt (or your choice yogurt)
- 1 cup of raw coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup melted ghee or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 cups of grated fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup golden rasins
- zest of one orange
- 3 cups almond flour (or your favorite gluten-free muffin flour)
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting
1). Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan with melted coconut oil
2). In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, yogurt, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla extract. Stir in the carrots, raisins, walnut pieces, and orange zest.
3). Sift the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, sea salt and nutmeg. Add to carrot mixture. Stir to incorporate ingredients.
4). Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. If making king size muffins, bake for 40-45 minutes. If baking regular size muffins, bake for 30 minutes.
5). Allow to cool down before frosting with Cream Cheese frosting.
© 2017 Lori Miller
All Rights Reserved