I think more restaurants in the USA should have Cabbage Gratin on their gluten-free menus, and after eating it, I think you'll agree! It's incredibly EASY to prepare. Just slice, top with cheese + cream and bake. You can use this same recipe to make Cauliflower Gratin as well!
Ingredients - makes 6-8 servings
- 1 whole cabbage cut into 1-inch steaks or 1 whole cauliflower cut into steaks
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipped whole fat coconut milk (whip in your blender) or cashew milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or gruyere cheese)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
1). Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2). Arrange cabbage steaks (or cauliflower) on a parchment lined cookie sheet or in a large baking dish.
3). Top each steak with cream and cheese blend. Season with garlic powder, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
4). Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a golden gratin surface has been achieved. Eat the gratin by itself, or as a side dish with a steak or chicken dish.