Fresh Nectarine Ice Cream
July 27th, 2017
My homemade Nectarine Ice Cream - Its dairy-free, no churn, sweet, tangy and seriously so good!
It takes only 5 minutes to prepare, and between 3-4 hours to chill. I make it in the morning before work so we can dive into it for dessert!
Makes 2 pints
- 1 can of whole fat coconut milk
- 2 nectarines, pitted
- 1/2 cup of raw unsalted cashews (soaked for 1 hour and well drained)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend on highest power for 30 seconds. Pour into your choice containers (I used wide-mouth Weck Jars). Seal well. Put into freezer for 3-4 hours.
- When serving: Allow to sit on counter top for about 10 minutes to soften. It's texture is both creamy and icy, and so enjoyable. Will keep for up to 10 days before it naturally sours and darkens.