Soy-free Garlic Chicken and Broccoli
There are so many great things about this Chicken and Broccoli recipe! It’s simple, easy, fast to make, nourishing and authentically delicious!
Ingredients - makes 4 servings
- 1 pound chicken breast meat, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup raw coconut aminos (I use Big Tree Farms Coconut Aminos)
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut sugar (I use Big Tree Farms here, too)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound steamed broccoli, cut into chunks and steamed for 8 minutes, drain
- fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
- chopped fresh cilantro and scallion for garnish
1). Marinade chicken in raw coconut aminos, coconut sugar, garlic and ginger. Using your hands, massage meat with marinade for a few minutes.
2). Wash hands thoroughly. Allow meat to sit for 10 minutes. Sprinkle in Cassava flour, and using your hands once again, make sure flour evenly coats chicken pieces. Thoroughly wash hands again.
3). Heat coconut oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Working in batches, cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side, and transfer to a clean plate. Once finished cooking, saute broccoli in skillet, and combine with chicken. Serve from skillet or transfer to individual plates. Serve with Cauliflower rice or white rice. Season with fresh ground black pepper and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and scallion.