Mediterranean Bean Salad with Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
Chilled, crispy and fresh is what we want most this time of year, so my Mediterranean Bean salad is sure to be one of those repeat worthy meals for the season. The combination of soft, crunchy, creamy and tangy are incredible together.
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients for Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
Ingredients for Salad
- 4 cups cooked beans of your choice (I used white beans, garbanzo, pinto, kidney)
- 3 cups of fresh chilled arugula
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1). Put Vinaigrette ingredients into a blender. Pulse until creamy and smooth. Season with sea salt and pepper if desired. Pour into a glass container and chill until ready to use.
2). Assemble salad ingredients in a large salad bowl or individual bowls. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill until it's time to eat.
3). Pour chilled Vinaigrette over chilled salad. Eat immediately.