Plaintain & Cassava Skillet Bread
Grass fed cheese melted between grilled Plantain & Yuca breads with roasted tomato leek soup! I’ve been thinking about this all week and after cooking for everyone else, writing, editing, and blog posting, I finally made it for me. Just me.
Makes 6 small flat breads
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 ripe plaintains, dark skinned and soft, but not mushy
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (yuca not tapioca flour)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (or sunflower seed flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of your choice oil (I used duck fat but you can use coconut oil, ghee, tallow, etc)
1). Using a food processor: Put all ingredients, except the oil, into processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
2). Heat oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Drop 3 individual spoonfuls of batter into skillet to make your first 3 breads. Press batter down flat. Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, and then flip over to other side for 3-5 more minutes.
3). Repeat previous steps with remaining batter. Use for grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, pupusas, arepa sandwiches, toasted with jelly, etc..