Pumpkin Pancakes with Cranberry Butter
September 8, 2017
It's September and we're ready to welcome all things pumpkin back into our yum food rotation! These pancakes are savory, sweet, low carb and absolutely delicious!
Ingredients for Pancakes
- 4 whole eggs
- 1.5 cups of raw unsalted cashews
- 1 15-ounce can of organic pumpkin puree
- 8 whole, pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour of your choice (I used coconut flour)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 2 teaspoons of gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom (optional)
You will need 1-2 tablespoons of additional coconut oil or ghee for cooking
1. Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Pulse until a smooth batter is achieved.
2. Melt coconut oil in a skillet. Pour 1/3 cup for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat steps until batter is used up.
3. Top with cranberry butter, maple syrup or your choice toppings.
Ingredients for Cranberry Butter
- 1/4 cup soft butter, coconut oil or palm shortening
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce or your choice preserves
1. Combine ingredients in a small bowl and blend with a fork until well combined. Spread on pancakes.