Quick Stir Fry
When you want big flavor but have just a little time to spend in the kitchen, THIS DISH is for you! The deep flavor that aromatic Chinese 5-Spice produces will fool your taste buds into thinking you spend all day marinading the meat! I often make this dish with either chicken or pork. I've even made it with wild-caught shrimp and it turned out fantastic. I hope you enjoy it!
Makes 2 servings for lunch or a light dinner.
- 1/2 pound of chicken breast or pork loin, cut into small thin pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese 5-Spice
- 1/2 pound of green beans, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Raw Coconut Aminos or gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn for garnish (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper to season
1). Put sliced meat into a bowl. Sprinkle meat with chinese 5-spice. Make sure meat is thoroughly covered with spice. Set aside.
2). Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Toss in green beans for 6 minutes. Drain.
3). Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes. Add green beans. Pour in raw coconut aminos. Stir well. Add garlic. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with fresh ground black pepper. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve!