Sausage and Sauerkraut High Protein Breakfast
If you’ve never had this High Protein Breakfast combination, you should give it a try real soon! It is rich in flavor, totally satisfying, and provides nourishment to your body for hours into the day.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ghee, or beef tallow
- 4 boiled gluten-free sausages, sliced or crumbled
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cups of gluten-free marinara sauce, preferably unsalted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less for a milder spice flavor, or a bit more for spicier)
- 4 whole cooked eggs (boiled, scrambled or sunnyside up)
- 4 small sweet potatoes, boiled and peeled
Makes 4 servings
1). Boil sausages for 10 minutes. Slice or crumble meat. Set aside.
2). Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage meat, sauerkraut, marinara sauce and cayenne pepper. Allow everything to simmer for 15 minutes.
3). Prepare 4 eggs the way you like them.
4). Combine meat sauce with sweet potatoes, and top with eggs. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, chives, or cilantro. Serve immediately.