Shrimp and Kale Cakes
Shrimp and Kale cakes with spicy cocktail sauce are repeat-worthy. Cook these up for lunch or dinner in just about 30 minutes, add a side veggie, and you're ready!
Makes 6-8 cakes
- 3 whole eggs
- 1.5 cups chopped kale
- 1 pound cleaned shrimp, minced in a food processor or with a knife
- 1/2 cup your choice gluten-free flour (cassava and almond flour work well)
- 1/2 cup diced red or green onions
- 1/4 cup boiled peas (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6-8 twists of fresh ground black pepper
For cooking you will need
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil (or a blend of both)
1). Whisk eggs in bowl. Add and combine all ingredients.
2). Using your hands, form 6-8 cakes, and arrange on a tray or plate. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
3. Melt fat in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat steps until all cakes are cooked up. Top with tartar sauce, marinara or salsa.