Simple Protein Pancakes
March 22, 2017
When I finish an intense workout, I want some substantial protein-loaded food and these pancakes seriously provide. The batter is easy to whip up hours before, this way all you have to do is pour when ready!
Ingredients for 6 to 8 small pancakes
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup whole fat coconut milk (or your choice milk)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
You will need 1 extra tablespoon of coconut oil for cooking.
1). Combine ingredients in a blender. Pulse until a batter is achieved.
2). Melt coconut oil in a skillet. Pour 1/3 cup for each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat steps until batter is used up.
3). Top with your choice of fresh fruit and maple syrup!